Not for the first time…

…a TV show made me go WTF.

After writing 4500 words, I kicked back with my husband and watched Bones. Some David Boreanaz as a reward for my hard work — what could be better, right?

Well… the episode was called Death in the Saddle. Read about it if you dare.
Horse & Rider

Pony Play? Really?

God help me, I Googled it. Apparently this is an actual fetish. I haven’t been this shocked since I found out some people like to wear diapers and forget their toilet training for the weekend. Since I don’t keep up on such things, I’m sure I’m the last to find out, but here are some facts you may not have known:

• British musician Alison Goldfrapp and her back-up dancers have worn ponyplay related outfits during several of her tours.
  • Madonna and her back-up dancers simulated ponyplay during her performances on tour in 2006.

Apparently it’s almost a mainstream thing, what with winding up in TV shows and concerts, but I reckon it hasn’t been pushed to the limit. So here’s what I’m thinking (and feel free to use this, those of you with such inclinations). Why stop with pony play? Why not combine the shifter craze with this specialized fetish? Let’s get paranormal.

I present to you… were-ponies. You can dress up the core idea however you like, including assless chaps, whips, harnesses, carts, halters, bits… and let’s not forget BDSM, m/m, menage… the elements are almost endless. It’s a veritable cornucopia of untapped raw erotic potential. Why, this stuff almost writes itself.

But I still find myself saying, “Pony play? Really?”

Posted in google-what?, teh sex

24 Responses to Not for the first time…

1. LOL – there are some horse-shifter stories out there already!

Jade Buchanan
    JL Langley
    Kate Hill

Just off the top of my head :)

2. Tez Miller says:

I love Goldfrapp’s music! And Madonna’s. Have never attended either’s live shows, though – Australian circumstances.

Have a lovely day! :-)

Were-horses? Pshaw. They can’t compare to the glamour of were-ponies, complete with costuming options.

In fact… dare I say it? My Little Were-Pony. Imagine the merchandising options!

Completely off topic (so what’s new?) but I can’t help chanting, “I knew about this before Ann diiiiiid! I knew about this before Ann diiiiiiiiiiiiid!”

Yeah, I’m rather childish.

That might be impressive, had I not said in my post, “I’m sure I’m the last to find out.” *dryly*

*pout*

Meanie!

*sticking tongue out at Ann*

You’re completely harshing my glow in contemplating the magic and wonder that is…

My Little Were-Pony

I want a white one with a pink mane. And when I push the button, he turns into a naked man in assless chaps. It’s like Kinky Transformers!

Pink mane?

Seriously–pink????

Talk about emasculating!

*giggling like a four year old*

9. Now I can just imagine the My Little Were Pony, complete with the ability to apply your own brand.

Except, you know, they’d have to emasculate him like Ken, for fear of offending someone…

Pink? That’s just … wrong…..

Brand!! I love it!

Are you thinking stamps or stickers here? Cos that’s even more merchandising. :D

11. hmmm – could be either!

And don’t forget the marketing (and kink) possibilities of harnesses and tack….

For both pony and human versions. You can buy matching sets!

The possibilities are endless!

Do you think a My Little Were Pony Prototype would go over big at RT?

13. LOL – I think it would crack up a lot of people…. :)

As for the emasculation, well, I’m thinking that’s what the assless chaps are for. They don’t come off!

15. Either that or you need a My Little Were Pony branded strap on. Maybe colors of the appendage to match the mane….

16. Tumperkin says:

It’s one thing knowing about it in theory, but when I saw this picture, I spat out my coffee:

Dude. Turns out a picture is worth a 1000 words.

And I thought I knew what I was talking about… :eek:

I know, I’ve seen that episode. I knew about it before hand, but then, I’m at least aware of most of the fetishes out there. I find it interesting to try to get into the mind set of the people who find it attractive. but then, I like getting into a lot of people’s heads.

I like the leather. I used to play pretend pony as a kid, but that’s because it was easier (and more satisfying) to be the horse instead of the horseless rider. But generally I’m too lazy to sexualize working like a horse… though I do like to be washed down in the shower ;) Some of those boots are hot too.

By the way, I see were-fetishes much like furry fetishes or fur fetishes. You are aware of Furry fetishes right Ann?

21. Bonnie Dee says:

Hello! Where’ve you been? Pony play, puppy girl play. There’s all sorts of unusual role play fetishes.

Yeah, I’ve heard of the furry one. And the plushie thing, which can be related.

Well, I guess I’ve been writing books, Bonnie. :smile:

23. Lorelie says:

Sorry to say, I believe you’d be the one in the assless chaps, Ann. You’d be the cowgirl, after all.

I’m almost embarrassed to admit my knowledge of pony play came at the tender age of 13 or so. “Oh look Anne Rice writes under another name! And it’s about Sleeping Beauty.”

Oops.

24. Erica R says:

Pony play?!?! OMFG.

I imagine you were as shocked as I was when a co-worker informed me he was a furry. I didn’t know what that meant, and he had to explain