Hell Fire

Houston, I have a draft.

Let the loafing begin!

Seriously, this was a fucking hard book, emotionally wrenching. Now that I’ve written the final lines, I feel like getting drunk or taking a Xanax or something. Because damn, this project took a lot out of me.

Happy stories and good news, stat!

Posted in announcements, books, the squee heard round the world, writing

10 Responses to Hell Fire

1. Woo hoo! Congrats Ann!!! Finishing a book is an awesome feeling, but emotional ones take a long time to recover from. Rest up and relax a bit. :grin:

2. M. Keaton says:

Congrats. Best number in the world is 30 (might have to explain that to younger writers though). It’s a sad fact of the job that the better you write, the more it takes out of you–which means you’ve just written a really good piece of work. So, double congratulations. Sleep for a week and go read a book (there ought to be one in the mail for you about now anyhow).

MK

Thanks, guys. I’m feeling a little better than I did earlier.

I’m glad to hear you think total brain-drain means I’ve come up with something good, MK, It would blow to get the mental Hoover when pure suckulence results.

4. Ann,

First, I don’t think it’s possible for something that emotionally draining to suck… especially with you writing it.

And Two… YES! :-)

5. Michele says:

It’s getting to where they all feel like that. Like each story is being ripped out instead of flowing… But then that makes them really good, IMHO.

6. JaimeK says:

Fantastic!!! When do you actually get to breathe?

Well, this week I’ll be finishing the free short story I’m posting in June. Next week I’ll polish my draft of Hell Fire. Then it’ll go to my beta reader.

I may take a couple days off, and then I’ll write Jax 3, Doubleblind. By the time I finish that, hopefully I’ll have feedback from my beta reader. I’ll revise Hell Fire some more, and then send it to my agent. Then I’ll polish Doubleblind.

By this point, I am guessing I’ll be gearing up for all the traveling I’ll be doing in July and August. I’ll get feedback from my agent, and revise /polish Hell Fire some more. By July 15, it will go to my editor.

I’ll start traveling. You get the idea.

I won’t really relax until I have all my contracted books written and polished. I’m guessing it’ll take about six months, all told.

Six months for the books contracted now. Between now and then, who knows what else you’ll have contracted? :innocent :grin: :

Seriously, some chocolate ice cream and a movie (either action or fluffy) to relax your mind and your heart seem to be in order.

9. JaimeK says:

Well, I hope you take care of yourself in the little in between times…

peace.

I’ll do a few shots for you! :mrgreen: