Hidden winners

Carrie Lofty
Amelia (21)
Virginia Hendricks
Ocy

Congrats to the winners. If I don’t have your address within 48 hours, your prize will be delayed. See, I leave on the 21st, and I won’t have a laptop until the 24th or so.

Why?! It seems crazy for an author to travel without a laptop, you say.

I’m so glad you asked about that! Here’s the scoop. About six weeks ago, I ordered a new laptop. Pink Asus
Features
7″ WVGA (800×480) TFT Display
One-click intuitive interface
WiFi 802.11b/g
10/100 LAN
Intel Mobile CPU
Intel UMA graphics
512MB memory
2GB Flash hard drive
Memory Card Reader: MMC/SD (SDHC)
Over 40 built-in applications for learn, work and play
Linux based operating system
3 USB 2.0, 1 VGA, 1 Audio jack out, 1 Audio jack in, 1 RJ-45
Approximate Unit Dimensions: 8.86″ (W) x 6.3″ (D) x 0.79″~1.26″ (H)
Approximate Unit Weight: 2lbs

Play, relax, and entertain on the go with shock-proof design. At 7″ and weighing only 2lbs, you can take the Eee PC anywhere. Bumps and shocks are no longer issues. With a dependable solid-state disk, you get unparalleled shock-protection and reliability. Power-efficient design provides longer operating time when on the go. With a rapid start-up time that takes only 15secs to boot, the Eee PC is always ready to get into action. No technical manual required with the specially designed, User-friendly and intuitive graphic interface. You’re always connected with built-in WiFi 802.11 b/g that automatically detects and connects to the Internet at any hotspot. The Eee PC includes the documents and the e-mails software, and a suite of other Productivity software to help keep you on track.

Isn’t it cute? It’s the perfect laptop for traveling. The lightweight, ultra-sturdy part was what sold me. My Ibook is really old, and it already doesn’t latch properly from being banged around in airports. I was afraid a three week haul would do the old girl in (and I love her so). Solution? The ASUS Eee PC 2G in Blush Pink, and it’s mad cheap. I got mine for just over $300, shipping included. It runs on Linux and it doesn’t have any bells and whistles, but if you need a laptop mainly for emails and word processing when you’re on the road, it doesn’t get any better than this. I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

You still don’t understand? I know. See, I couldn’t find any merchants that would ship to Mexico, and in this model — and at this price — they were selling out fast. So I had the laptop shipped to San Diego, where it’s waiting for me in the capable hands of my agent. I’ll snag it from her on the 24th, but I’ll be on the road as of the 21st. I have a PDA that will let me stay in touch minimally, but I don’t use it for anything but putting out fires in the form of must-answer emails. I certainly will not be using it for prize fulfillment while I’m traveling.

To make a long story short, if you want your book sent before July 21, you need to send me your address before Sunday at 10pm.

Posted in announcements, winners Tagged

17 Responses to Hidden winners

1. SciFiChick says:

I’ll look for you at Comic Con! :smile:

Oh thank god I’ll know someone there! I’m taking some Wanderlust arcs with me to give away. You want one?

Congrats to the winners *kicking rock* enjoy your ill-gotten gains *pout*

*ahem*

:mrgreen:

4. Ocy says:

Oooh, that laptop really is ridiculously cute! I think it’s the blush pink that makes me go “awww!”

And thank you! I am dancing with glee right about now.

5. Katie says:

That is one sweet laptop. You will have to tell us how it works once you get it. I am curious as to if it lives up to the hype.

Ocy — you’re welcome. It’s cute, right? I can’t wait to try it out.

I read a lot of reviews before buying it, Katie. Most people have been really pleased with it, especially regarding lightness and durability. The only people who were unhappy were ones who got it and then were like, “But it doesn’t have a DVD player or a CD drive, or…”

Well, hello, didn’t you read the description? That’s NOT what this machine is for. It’s tiny and tough; it’s for email, surfing, word processing and possibly spreadsheets. This isn’t to replace a high powered machine, just save said machine from the rigors of travel.

7. Christine says:

It’s pink!!! I love pink!

What I love more is Wanderlust ARCs!!

Will you be bringing extras with you to NYC? *puppy dog eyes*

That was subtle, right? :wink:

Yep, Christine. I didn’t say it on my party post because I didn’t want to create a mad rampage to Dallas BBQ, but…

I have ten (10) Wanderlust arcs left. I intend to give them out as prizes as I go along on my three week road trip (why do I want to sing that to the tune of Gilligan’s Island?) I’ll be giving away a couple of them at the party in NY. I’ll give out a few more at Comic Con, assuming anybody there wants one or knows who I am! Then I’ll give out some at RWA. And finally, whatever’s left in Denver.

Sidenote — I already sent all these books out! I’m getting to be a monster of contest efficiency. That huge fiesta on Smart Bitches? I had all 25 arcs mailed in THREE (3) days!

9. Has says:

Congratulations to the winners :grin:

And that laptop is cute!!!

I wish I was I could go down to Comic Con and the New York BBQ fest – if only I was a bazillionaire :cry:

10. Jane says:

Congrats to the winners.

11. Jackie says:

Wait, there were free arcs being tossed out? Now I’m sad I can’t go to any of your events. :( You should add Detroit to your list of stops. I’ll come out and see you.

Also, you picked a laptop because it would run Linux? Score! Do you also use Open Office? I’m a linux girl myself, especially considering my husband won’t touch a MS machine if his life depended on it.

Hmmm. I’ll be in Chicago on the 21st. *grin* If you’re willing to drive four hours for an arc, I’ll give you one and buy you dinner. :grin:

Actually, Jackie, with this laptop, I’m now an OS trifecta.

My desktop runs Windows. My Ibook runs Leopard, the Mac OS, and now with this travel laptop, I’ll be running Linux, using Open Office to write / edit my mss while I’m on the road. I’m actually excited about learning a new OS. (Does that make me a total geek?) I hear it’s an easy learning curve.

You are an absolute geek, Ann, but we lubs ya all the same

we really do :wink:

14. Christine says:

Awesome! I can’t wait to meet you at Dallas BBQ. :grin:

I lurve the Leopard OS. Rooar!

I have a blue and silver laptop I call George. Have you named your hot pick one yet? :lol:

16. SciFiChick says:

Of course I want one!
    I’m purposefully not bringing as many books as I normally would on vacation, knowing I’m going to be picking up as many as I can at Comic Con!
    Will you be there all weekend?
    In fact, I’ll email you my cell number right now, to make sure we connect.

17. Pingback: Bookmarks about Hotspot