Don’t say I never gave you anything

I love their heated, slightly antagonistic attraction. This is Kyra and Reyes, from the first paranormal romance by Ava Gray. Here’s my favorite snip for the day. Enjoy.

“You think I want to go out in search of snatch.” Statement, not a question.

She tried to make a joke of it. “Wasn’t that a Larry Flynt show?”

He sighed then. “I obviously phrased the question wrong, if that’s what you extrapolated from it. I asked if we could take the night off. Together. You and me.”

His words hit her like a closed fist in the temple, and she felt dizzy, breathless. “I don’t understand. I have no idea what you want from me.”

“You know exactly what I want.”

“You already had it,” she protested. “Damn, Rey. I’m not Chinese food… men don’t come back in two hours, hungry for more.”

Don’t you just wish you knew what he says in response? It’s sooooooooooo good. But you have to buy the book to find out. Mwahahahaha!

Posted in books, fun stuff, WIP, writing Tagged

16 Responses to Don’t say I never gave you anything

meanie!!!! evil meanie woman!

2. Christine says:

My imagination is running wild with this one! You’re such a good sharer. :mrgreen:

3. Rosie says:

You certainly know how to bait the hook.

4. Pingback: Pages tagged "breathless"

5. e_booklover says:

Wow! I can’t wait!

6. MaryK says:

Aaargggh! But when?!?

7. MaryK says:

Oh, man! You have a “Sekrit Project”? Any hints at all?

8. has says:

Ohhhh me likey :grin:

and ditto about the sekrit project. Really want to know!!!!

This project has a tentative release date of December 2009.

Sorry, but I won’t be discussing the sekrit project until it’s finished, polished and… *fingers crossed* …sold. I don’t want to jinx it.

10. AmyC says:

That is so great to hear about these new books of yours coming soon. My friend Christine has told me such great things about Grimspace and Wanderlust but I just am not a huge fan of the urban type fantasy and the first person. But your Ava Gray books I will definitely pick up!! WOOT! and Congrats!

AmyC, Grimspace and Wanderlust are much more science fiction than anything else–and as someone who doesn’t like first person but really likes both books, I can tell you that after a couple of chapters you forget how the story is told because you are completely immersed in it.

In other words… :grin: you really should try them.

12. AmyC says:

azteclady-you sound just like Christine! :grin: Maybe the next time I’m at the bookstore and if they don’t have a copy I’ll have them order me one. It’s hard to keep putting off a book when the recommendations come so highly :).

13. Christine says:

azteclady :: Great minds! :wink:

Amy C :: I decided to make easy work of my book pimping. I just bought you Grimspace and Wanderlust. Look for an amazon box on your doorstep by the end of next week. :wink:

Wow, that’s so cool of you, Christine!

Maybe Amy would like to do an interview with us here, after she reads the two books.

15. Christine says:

Thanks, Ann. There was Amy sitting on the fence on Sirantha Jax and I just had to push her over, you know?

I think that’s a great idea about the interview. I’m sure we could force pressure convince Amy to do it! :grin:

16. AmyC says:

LOL!!

YOu BOUGHT me the books??

I love CHristine!!

Okay, it kinda hurts to laugh, but it certainly feels good to.

Wow, I am just amazed that I have found such wonderful friendships on the internet. It only saddens me that it is the internet and we don’t live closer to have a more…intimate relationship…wags eyebrows at Chrisitne…(didn’t know I swang that way did ya?) I’m just teasing *winks* :winks: Intimate came to mind and then so did other things.

ANYWAY…before I make a bigger fool of myself :cool:…An interview after I read the books? That sounds interesting :).