So I wrapped up KILLBOX today ahead of schedule. That means I get to enjoy the weekend before banging out the revisions on DOUBLEBLIND before the end of the month. Yay! Two days off.
First, a bit of exciting news. Both my workshops were approved for RWA in DC. Woot! Look for the following this July:
High-Octane Kisses: Writing Action with Heart
The Billionaire Tycoon’s Secret Promotional Baby: Making the Most of Online Marketing
In honor this occasion, I thought I would do a Top 10 list.
10 Ways in which finishing a book is NOT like having a baby
10. You don’t instantly lose 20 pounds.
9. Nobody comes to coo and take your picture once you’ve finished with it.
8. The process does not require an epidural.
7. Your mother cares less about this arrival.
6. Random strangers don’t stop you in the market to pinch the book’s cheeks.
5. The book doesn’t wake you up in the night.
4. Two words: no episiotomy.
3. The book doesn’t mind that you slept for two days, after it was done.
2. Your old auntie can’t leave property to your book or say you’re spoiling it by holding it all the time.
1. You can walk away from the book for several weeks, once it’s out of you.
Got more? Add your own! I’m off to celebrate with my family. Have a great weekend.