Doubleblind Countdown Celebration-wk 2

So Doubleblind comes out on Sept 29, and the excitement is mounting as the days tick down. Much squeeing has been noted on Twitter. Could be it Doubleblind related? Oh, I think so. New review!

Because the Jax books are romantic science fiction, I have a special treat for y’all today. Here at AnnAguirre.com, we love talented people, and the author I’m featuring this week on the DCC (week 2) is a triple threat. Jess Granger is charming, beautiful and talented. If she wasn’t also a good friend of mine, I’d be obliged to hate her because she’s simply too much awesome wrapped up in one gorgeous package. To prove I don’t hate her because she’s beautiful, Jess Granger I’m featuring her book on this week’s DCC. Naturally, it’s a sci-fi romance because we’re celebrating all things jet-powered here in September.

If you haven’t already read BEYOND THE RAIN, you’re in for a treat. Jess takes all the usual tropes and spins them. Sex slave and nun? Need I really say more? This book is beautifully written. I recently savored it myself as a reward for doing my work. What a lovely evening. I want that same enjoyment for all of you! BtR You know you want your own copy to tide you over until Doubleblind‘s release. I’m giving away THREE (3) right here on the blog, this week only. Like the other contest, it runs from Monday until Thursday evening. Friday I’ll announce the winners.

At this point, you’re asking, but how do I enter? I so wanna read about the sex slave and the nun!

I understand your needs. I do. That’s such a yummy taboo, isn’t it? And that’s what you have to do to enter. Tell me what taboo strikes you as sexiest. Best friend’s sister? Priest? Nun? Tell us your dark desires: anything that’s so wrong and dirty that it strikes you as delicious. Write it down in comments, and you’re entered to win BEYOND THE RAIN.

PS – Anything that ends in ‘cest’ is too dirty for this blog. Thank you.

Posted in contest

27 Responses to Doubleblind Countdown Celebration-wk 2

1. TJ says:

I want this book because it totally hits the ‘nun taboo’. I didn’t even know it was a yummy taboo until someone described this book to me!

…I’ve had it on my wishlist (but been putting off spending the cash) ever since. xD;

Other yummy taboos include: romantic threesomes. As in emotionally and physically. I have no idea why, but there’s me for you.

2. blodeuedd says:

I sure wanna read about the slave and the nun, sounds juicy.

My taboo, I am on the 3some too, though 2 males of course, and then not two women.

3. Sabrina says:

hmmm… My taboo must run pretty tame! I’m a sucker for the best friend’s little sister storyline.

4. Paula says:

I have to go with monks. I’d like to see a medieval romance with a monk as the hero. I don’t care if he’s the warrior kind or the scribe kind. Maybe up the taboo-degree and have both. lol

5. LaurieF says:

Definitely a younger guy. My two sons are in their late twenties and I always said I’d never look at guys younger than them. But Jeez Louise, I’ll see a some guy, drool and find out he’s 22-23. That is the forbidden for me (which makes it oh so hot!).

6. You know, having recently had the “opportunity” to watch a man engaging in sexual relations with a horse on the Net, I’m thinking that most sexual taboos, beyond actually being imagined, have actually been enacted. With that in mind, you’ve charged us with quite a challenge.

At any rate, I don’t want to be deviant, but I think of J.G. Ballard and Crash. Or maybe I think of the movie Crash. Yeah. I do. If handled subtlety, as a point of fact rather than a fetish, I think sex with somebody who has been physically crippled in some sense( wheelchair?) is intriguing. Of course, this should be a slow moving tension, and the character should have some other built-in inaccessibility accentuated by the wheelchair…

Not that I think about this sort of thing.

By the way, I was trying to figure out why the aliens in District 9 were so unlike humans in appearance. I mean, it made so much sense for them to be similar to humans, why would they give them such a classically alien look? And then it struck me, so that they were easy to distinguish from people in the video game.

7. Bella says:

I have to agree with the ladies above — I’m a big fan of menage — or even multiple partners if all the limbs are in all the right places. Don’t care for f/f action, but as many m/ms as can fit with 1f and not be laughable is all good in my book.

I am also surprisingly drawn to D/s with a modicum of pain. That DOES not include humiliation and/or degradation. Ick!

Thanks Anne! I confess you are a new-to-me author I found through Donna and Bree and I am so glad I did!

~bella

8. Pamk says:

I love the menages. Not sure whether i”d ever do it in real life but fantasy now that is another matter. I love to read about that particular kink

9. Man, I’m going to have to go with everyone else on this, I love threesomes, or at least the idea of them, since I’ve yet to do it (Or have I?!) But add in a little BDSM, which while I don’t think of it as taboo, there are plenty that do.

Morning Glow

10. DeAnn says:

Hmm, having attended a Catholic college as an undergrad, I have actually had access to nuns, and I can honestly say that most of them were gay or totally uninterested in sex, as they put most of that libido energy into teaching and being creative within their chosen field.
    But as an Iowan, I can say that beastiality, from what I have seen, is truly disgusting…trust me, you do NOT want to go there.
    I think as a middle aged woman, the sexiest taboo for me is a younger guy who is smart and charming and able to have some staying power in bed. I am not talking about teenagers here, but some guy in his late 20s or early 30s would be nice. However, being married means I have to keep those thoughts just as a fantasy, never to be realized. BTW, the monestary near the college I attended had mostly grizzled old gay men in it, not a lot of hot religious guys.

11. Cybercliper says:

hehehe…lucky me! I get to keep my taboo a delicious fantasy secret because I already have BEYOND THE RAIN and I LOVED it!! Please tell me there is going to be more!!!!

12. Kimberly B. says:

Mine is really tame, but I don’t care; I’ll go with college professor(probably something like Romantic Poetry or Shakespeare) and his student. Because smart guys are hot!

13. Ilona says:

Threesomes (two men, one woman type) or the best friends younger sister are both on my list of delicious taboos :D

And I so want to get this book but have to wait for the finances to improve :(

14. Barbara Elness says:

I don’t really have much to say in the way of taboos – but I guess the younger man, older woman thing would be sexy to me.

15. Heather Brewer says:

I think I would have to say a menage is hot. I love reading about them even though I wouldn’t be brave enough to try it.

I also think the D/S is appealing, but I agree I’m not into the humiliation and/or degradation either.

16. Pingback: Dog Bottle Scissors | Literary Escapism

17. Woohoo! Sign me up. Nun and sex slave! Sounds great.

I like the fallen monk scenario. Hugh Castleford (by Meljean Brook) and Satan (by Piers Anthony) seem to come to mind.

18. Kimmy L says:

Love the book cover. YUMMY!!!!

I think I would have to say a menage is really hot. I love reading about them but I don’t think I would ever have the courage to ever do that.

19. Awww, thanks Ann. You’re the nicest.

Oh wait, I broke the rule. Shoot.

20. Pingback: Jess Granger » Blog Archive » Win Books, and a New Review!

21. Deidre says:

I would have to go with something more like a foursome or fivesome. lol

I also have to admit that now that I’m getting a little older, the younger crop of guys are looking pretty yummy.

Deidre

22. BoxingKing says:

Heh, I’ve got two fetishes. Threesomes, and doctors. Or, quite frankly, any man in a uniform. Yummy. :) Definately interested in this lovely book. And of course, the next Jax.

23. Mardel says:

probably bondage. but light bondage, I’m not into pain at all, just feeling helpless. It’s a little scary though.

24. Karalynn says:

The big age difference, especially if one got to interact with the other as a child, and then suddenly (to them) has to deal with an adult.

25. berryblu says:

I’d say that I also go for the menage stories, the m/m/f ones would be the yummiest taboo for me. :mrgreen:

26. maered says:

Mine is pretty tame – falling for the best friends sister/sister’s best friend. I love this taboo. *sigh*

27. Sara M says:

Men in uniform are definitely yummy. And I’m gonna agree with a lot of posts, MMF threesomes are pretty yummy too.

Sara M