Seriously, I don’t mean to sound snarky. My imagination is running wild. Some of those bad boys are looking mighty good, I must say. All they have to do is read, workout and dream about women they can’t have. Maybe a mousy, repressed academic type contacts an inmate doing some research, yeah? Turns out he’s a hardcase who came from the wrong side of the tracks, but he can’t resist our girl. Damn but I love me a rough, tough bastard who talks with his fists to other men but is oh-so gentle with his woman. (For this reason I loved Marv from Sin City.) They fall in love through letters… and then he gets out… (swoon!) I could totally write that.
So Lainey tagged me with a “6-10 weird things about you” meme, and what better way to round out Odd Friday? (In celebration of odd, ya’ll should read the “Odd” series by Dean Koontz. I love Odd Thomas.) Anyway. Here are the weirdest things about me.
10) The TV show Sightings did a study on me.
9) A psychic once told me I’m a lightning rod for the paranormal, but she didn’t know the half of it. I can tell when I walk into a building whether something otherworldly lives there.
8) I can put my right foot behind my head, but not my left. Only double-jointed one on side?
7) I’ve been run over by my own car when no one was driving it.
6) I’ve seen dead people. Dean Koontz is right, they don’t speak. At least the ones I’ve seen haven’t.
5) I grew up in a haunted house.
4) It’s not safe for me to touch a Ouija board.
3) In 1997, I died for twenty seconds. It didn’t take.
2) Once when I called a spirit and asked for proof of its presence, every crystal candle holder in the room shattered.
1) I’m afraid of clowns. The summer after my freshman year in college, I got a job at a service station, intending to be a clerk. They gave me a costume instead and sent me to grand openings to entertain children and pass out balloons. As a clown.
Author’s note — I no longer mess with the paranormal. As I have two lovely children, it would be reckless and irresponsible to invite things into our home that I might not be able to banish and that might harm them.